03/06/2010

Greetings from Austria


I cannot describe what a big honour it is to represent Austria in the very first HTM World Championship in Denmark! After little problems with the entry, it is absolutely great to have the opportunity to be a part of this amazing event.

In Austria “Dog Dance” as we call it, is a very very young dog sport and there is just a small group of dog handlers who train and compete in this kind of dog sport. Just three years ago we had the very first official competition in Austria held at the International Dog Show in upper Austria. We also have just “Freestyle” in Austria so it is a new experience for me to compete in Heelwork to Music at the World Championship too. I really hope that the number of official Dog Dance competitions in Austria will grow in the next few years.

I have been working very hard on my routines and hope that everybody will enjoy. It will be the first time for me to do a Heelwork-routine but I love it and the Freestyle-routine will be very funny ;-). I am also excited to watch all the other great competitors! I was at Crufts the last two times, just as a visitor to get new Ideas for my routines and watched the world greatest handlers and their wonderful dogs. I can't wait to meet all the other participants in Denmark.

So I’m looking forward to meet you all in Denmark and have a very great time with our four-legged best friends!!!!

Best wishes from Austria
Birgit & Levin

No comments:

Post a Comment