01/06/2010

Greetings from a Danish HTM Team Member


On the 10th of February 2010, I received a fantastic letter from the Danish Kennel Club. It said that my Border Collie Doggie and I were chosen to represent Denmark at the World HTM Championship. What a day! I was thrilled!

It has been exciting to follow the event on this blog, see which countries entered and all the other news and gossip it was regularly updated with. In February it seemed that June was years away, but since the snow has finally melted and our training have more efficient and regular, time has flown by so fast and suddenly all the exciting events are nearly here – the Opening Ceremony, the Team Dinner, briefing with the judges and the show manager on Thursday evening and of course the butterflies in my stomach are beginning to arrive too.

Competing on the Danish Team is a new experience for me, but I am looking forward to share the experience with my team mates, my family and friends. And I look forward to my time in the ring with Doggie. I love to perform with her and to be allowed to do so at a World Championship is just amazing.

I wish you all good luck. Remember that you all take the best dog home no matter how you place, so let us just enjoy the dance and to be a part of this fantastic event. I wish you all a great stay in Denmark.

See you soon!
Helle and Doggie
Team Denmark

No comments:

Post a Comment