22/04/2010

The Opening Speech

We are very proud to present our speaker for the World Championship Opening Ceremony.

President of the FCI Obedience Commission Mr. Johann Kurzbauer has accepted our invitation to open this first ever FCI HTM and Freestyle Championships. We look forward to welcoming him to Denmark, World Dog Show 2010 and the HTM World Championship.


I was born on October 28th 1942 in Vienna, Austria. I am married and have one daughter.

I have been a judge for Obedience and IPO (Police work) for 16 years, and a judge for sheepdog trials for 4 years.

I started Dog training in East Africa in Kenya in the German Shepherd dog club, where I worked as the trainer for English obedience and Schutzhund. After my return to Austria in 1981, I joined the ÖGV Austrian working dog sporting club (Österreichischer Gebrauchshundesport Verein) which is the largest association in the Austrian Kennel Club (ÖKV).

I had a Border collie Cap with whom I made Schutzhund – III and Trackerdog – III. Cap also worked on sheep and went with my wife to several European championships. I had him on seven Trackerdog winner competition and he was the second dog in Austria with an International Obedience Qualification.

I started in Austria 1981 as a trainer and in several functions in my local club. For the last 3 years, I have been the General Secretary of the ÖGV. I am representing Austria in The FCI – Obedience Commission since 1998 and since 2000 as vice-president. Since October 2006, I am the president of the FCI Obedience Commission.
Now I work with a shorthaired Border Collie Buckham Laddie in international obedience class and on our own with sheep and goats. I am also the Chief trainer for Obedience of the ÖGV since 1990 and for German Shepherd dog club SVÖ for 3 years.

Greetings
Johann Kurzbauer

No comments:

Post a Comment